Directions / Contact Us
The Suffern Chess Club provides a quiet, relaxing place for local chess players to gather for “over the board” tournament matches. The club is a great outlet for friendly competition at the world’s most challenging board game.
Club Location: Leo Lydon House, 20 Sylvan Way, Suffern, NY 10901
The club is directly behind Good Samaritan Hospital. A detailed map of the surrounding streets is shown below. You may obtain detailed directions via MapQuest or Yahoo maps by entering the address above.
About the Suffern Chess Club
The club has been in existence for over 10 years and was formerly known as the Hillsdale-Montvale Chess Club. The club relocated to Suffern in late 2007 in response to community interest. We meet every Wednesday at 7:45 p.m. for rated tournament play. The club has members of various strengths and we encourage you to come out and have fun. Standard tournaments are game 85 (1 hour 25 minutes per person) with a 5 second delay before each move.
The club features:
- Weekly USCF rated match play
- Year-round tournaments
- Pre-match casual play
- Various skill levels
- Great value ($15 yearly club membership*)
* United States Chess Federation Membership is required for participation in rated events.
- Tournament Nights (Wednesday) – 845-357-7007 call between 7:30 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. if you are running late
- Tournament Director / President – Gerry Freel (845) 735-3128
- Marketing / Publicity / Questions – Louis Winokur (845) 369-1610 email@example.com
- General Questions – Fred Sauberman (845) 321-3963 firstname.lastname@example.org